Block Insulation Package
Mitsubishi Power developed the Block Insulation Package, comprising of Block Insulation and Guiding System, as a more productive and intuitive way to insulate gas turbine body.
- What is Block Insulation?
- Insulation mat with anti-wear glass
- Strap (used to fix insulation mat)
- Eye plate (need to be welded on casing)
- How to install
- Hang on the hook on the strap to eye plate
- Fasten insulation mat by using strap
- Return the strap and then fixed by velcro
Note) Block Insulation technology is patent application with Mitsubishi Power.
Block Insulation drives costs down by shortening the time to assemble/disassemble insulations, significantly reduces the repair works and improves worker’s safety.
“Guide System” indicates the correct positioning of insulations during assembly and disassembly to workers.
A Storage Rack can also be supplied that allows workers to store the removed insulation pieces and later on finding them with ease during assembly.
HOW TO USE BLOCK INSULATION PACKAGE
- Reduces working time to assemble/disassemble insulation.
- No supervisors, highly skilled workers or written instructions necessary.
- Improving the workability
- Reduces time and level of repair to insulation.
- Weight per a block is less than 15 kg and easily carried.
- Saves area for storing insulation by using dedicated racks.
- Using only Block Insulation : 60% reduction*
- Using Block Insulation + Guide System : 80% reduction*
*Based on Mitsubishi Power’s own tests
- 8 units (as of 2019)
- 5 units (Scheduled)